We are excited to announce new changes and features in Microsoft Teams, effective August 20, 2020.
1. Teams recording will no longer automatically load to Microsoft Stream. Following this change, end users will continue to be able to record Teams meetings.
- To playback the meeting recording, participants will need to download the file from the chat window.
- To share or archive a recording, meeting participants will need to download the file and then upload it to Teams, Stream, SharePoint, or OneDrive.
- Meeting recordings will be available in the meeting chat for a period of 21 days after the meeting. After 21 days, the meeting recordings will no longer be available for download from the chat.
Learn how to upload a video to Stream here.
2. Microsoft is rolling out this new Together Mode to Microsoft Teams, and it will be generally available to all users in August. It will debut initially with an auditorium view, but Microsoft is working on more views that will arrive in the future.
Read more here.